Since tumblr blog is my outlet for silly stuff from the top of my head, which usually needs no explanation, I wanted this place to be more, dunno, personal? Deep? OH HAHA, impossible. Hence such sporadic posts. Anyway, let's go.
I got my decade-worth share of luck during the last week of April. Won a Camden Crawl ticket giveaway. Twice. So there I went. Short Saturday. It was pouring, so I got my soaked feet to the first venue with open doors, which turned out to be Electric Ballroom. First band: Pulled Apart By Horses. First "WTF AM I DOING HERE" moment of the weekend. Apparently, guitarist had had his knee smashed open a few days before, which didn't stop him from throwing himself around and jumping off the stage, landing on the said knee. OUCH. Especially OUCH after the plaster fell off. So, you know, throughout the gig my only ringing thought was "this is SO getting a nasty infection, eww eww EWW". Wild Palms were bearable. Went home after that due to feeling very sickly.
Sunday. Not alone. Aww-y Joe Worricker at Underworld, followed by "WTF AM I DOING HERE" moment #1 of the night: Todd. Psychotic science teachers gone awry. Some kind of a seizure attack, spiced up with vox pissing himself (literally, from what I saw), ended up with gagging on the mic, whilst fiddling with hands in his pants. Okaaaaaaaaay. Surfer Blood didn't disappoint. Then off to Camden Rock and another WTF with Kap Bambino. To sum up, I dare to use my dear Mathilde's quote: "This shitty electro ah-gain, every-fucking-where". Yup. Then Yuck to end things on a very good note. Can't help but think that Mr Drummer Man Jonny's hair will eventually get out of hand and devour the rest of the band. And then it will continue on its path to global destruction, come 2012. You heard it here first.
Friday, 7 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment