I finished reading a book. From cover to cover. In the past three years, I was a notorious "start but not finish" reader and it's the first one that I completed in such a long time. In my defense, I have to mention that such a pathetic state of things was not entirely my fault. My eyes are to blame. Here comes a secret: I'm nearsighted. It's not even serious, just a bit of a blur on distant objects, but it's cool, it makes me feel like my life is a flashback from a movie or something. I also have astigmatism and I think it became worse over the past three years, notably in my right eye. It causes printed text to look slightly warped and blurred, makes me feel like my right eye is being pulled into my skull when I try to read. I know it sounds extreme, but it honestly isn't. However, it's pretty damn uncomfortable. So yes, I decided to hide my pride in a pocket and wear glasses when I read.
Anyway, back to the story. Ghost Story (oooh, see what I did there?). It was alright. Although Steven King's quote on the back says "The terror just mounts and mounts", it actually starts properly mounting after page what, 300? It's not a bad book, it's good to kill some time, the story is sort of original in a way and there are some interesting quotes. Yup, that'd be it.


0 comments:
Post a Comment