For the first time ever, I was shooting on the full manual mode. Turns out Frank is capable of amazing things, I still have a lot to learn though.
FIREWORKS!!!
And of course, this lovely day couldn't end up too well.
I'm not sure why, but I ended up with a panic attack, which disguised itself as nausea first (I thought rice pudding was to blame).
My theory is: it got triggered by the extreme noise levels during the fireworks show and getting stuck in a ginormous crowd while trying to walk away from Leicester Square. I didn't consciously panic, I lost control over my body response though. And actually, for the first 10 minutes, I didn't even know what was going on, I just thought I was stomach sick and lightheaded after spending a lot of time outside. It wasn't until I got to the tube station when I got hot sweats and felt like my scarf was chocking me. I loosened it up, managed to get a sit on the train, trying to calm down, taking deep breaths and all that zen junk. By the time I got teary-eyed (no, I didn't want to cry, it just happens beyond control) and shivery, I was sure The Panic has struck. WHAT THE HELL, WHY, PANIC, YOU'RE SUCH A RIDICULOUS DIVA?!
It all ended up alright, panic just comes and goes, leaving you exhausted, but fine other than that.
So it goes.

3 comments:
Good shots, the ones of the crowd look spontaneous and therefor relaxed.
My favorite firework shot is the one with all that orange glow; looks like the grand opening of Hell.
Large crowds can be a bitch. I had a panic attack a week ago.
It started while I was on my way home in a bus.
My seat was surrounded by incredibly threatening street punks, around 15-17 years old. These dudes kept invading my personal space with small gestures. I tried to shut them out by putting my headphones on.
When I got off the bus I kept on walking and walking, straight onward without any clear sense of direction. I just wanted to *get away* from the situation.
Suddenly I had that same "being strangled alive by yr own scarf" thing happen to me.
I was about to start hyperventilating, I had trouble catching my breath...it was like being underwater.
Finally I realized - like some genius - that I could just stop right there, take off my headphones and the scarf and just relax.
I don't know why I let the whole thing snowball into such a weird scene.
I mean, I don't think those guys really meant to hurt me in any way, they were probably only after a laugh or something.
I'm too sensitive. Yeah.
It did look pretty hellish, but in that good way :P
Aww, that sounds awful! I think the main problem with panic attacks is that they're so unreasonable and make you feel completely surreal. And it's super difficult to talk sense into yourself while your body is going all mad. Vicious circle, I tell thee. The worst part: you can't prevent them. They just happen and you have to deal with their symptoms and results. NOT FAIR.
Yeah, not fair.
Good thing it only happens so rarely.
I'm feeling restless, trying to find something interesting to watch on YouTube.
All the others are asleep already and it's dead quiet :/
Post a Comment