Thursday, 25 February 2010

EWW

Sincere apologies for this post being boring, uninspired, all over the place and grammatically incorrect, but my brain is mega fuzzy because The Feared Cold finally got me, after a week of waltzing around and circling me like a shark. I think the worst is happening today, at least I hope so, because I have a job to do tomorrow. This time in Cardiff. Which means I'll spend what, about 6 hours on trains? Oh, the lengths I go just to see my beloved Jedward again*! 
 *obvious joke, good lords, I hope nobody thinks I'm being serious.

Anyway, I spent a major portion of yesterday on http://knowyourmeme.com/ , which resulted in having a Badger Badger version of Banana Phone stuck in my head. SWEET.

I managed to convince/bully Miss Tallulah into going to The Old Blue Last with me, because
a. it was about time we should've met
b. being honest, the place scared me shitless (turned out to be quite alright though, surprise surprise!)
I have to admit, not being a creepy loner is really refreshing from time to time and Tallulah not only has a kickass name, but is also a super sweet person.



It always feels a bit weird when you go to a gig just to see the first support act, but it's actually perfect if TFL puts time pressure on you. So yeah, basically Yuck were supporting La La Vasquez, who were supporting Dum Dum Girls.
Being the weirdozoid I am, I only shot Yuck. To make things even weirder, I noticed I've been drifting towards the left side of a stage in 2010 (2009 was a right-wing year), not sure what does it mean, am I a communist photographer? And better yet, is it me or Lemsip talking now?
This time I'm not joking, I hoped the photographs would be kind of dark and grainy, I wouldn't like them any other way really. I know I always say that when I fuck something up, but this time it's true. I swear, I shot manual mode praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster I'd have the end results looking like those below.

 

  
 




 



Kid sister joined for Georgia:


  

  

  

 


 

 

 

 

I can't come up with a witty review because they didn't suck at all. Do you remember what was good about the music in the 90's? There you have it with Yuck. Will probably see them again at RoTa, being the creep I am.

So, after the performance I harassed them about the "book" and bought two. Stella, I'm so sorry, but you're getting one. So sorry.

The band in the middle, La La Vasquez were uhmmmmm... and erm.... ok, the last.fm says “an unruly trio of gaggling girls of conflicting heights (...)these intellectual free-thinkers", which is probably a metaphor for "trio of girls with blunt fringes and wailing out of tune vocals". And I'm not being mean here. I'm just speaking the truth.

Dum Dum Girls were on last (obviously, headliners, DUH, hello?!), but only caught two songs and had to go. Time, precious time, time is such a bitch. But yeah, they sounded REALLY good in those two songs, so kinda gutted about having to leave early. But whatever, no regrets. 

I suppose I'll finish for now, before I'll blow my brain matter out of my nose. HAWK. 

8 comments:

Wildean said...

I'm glad you had a super time !

That kid sister with glasses is hot.

And the book... you know I love books.
Heck, i snort 'em for breakfast.

Have a safe journey to Cardiff, kitteh.

gonia said...

yeah... I'm not going because this cold actually turned into some srs bizniz. :(
So if you're not busy tonight, I could use some crying on your virtual shoulder for losing such a brilliant opportunity. Major FML moment.

Wildean said...

I'll try to be at home around 10 pm, uk time. see ya !

gonia said...

I feel tragic, gotta get some sleep to stop my nose from dripping, will talk to you some other time, sorry for that!

Wildean said...

aww... I just stopped over to meet up w/you.... back from an awful nite oot, a guy almost raped me. was weird. i suppose i'm non-heterosexual for good now.

love ya.

gonia said...

Love ya too, sorry I wasn't around, hope you're alright now and hope you kicked him in his peanuts HARD.
Damn...

Wildean said...

I'm awlrite now, yeah.
I'm superwildean.

gonia said...

That's right, you're a tough batmistress!!!